Pular para o conteúdo principal

Nigerian Unificationist Seeks to Become Church Theologian and Pastor | October 02 2013

Doghudje Doghudje with early church pioneers: Dr. Mose and Mrs. Onni Durst.
Doghudje joined the church in the San Francisco Bay Area and became good friends with the Bay Area Family Church pastor, Kevin Thompson.
Doghudge stands with his friend and matching advisor, Mrs. Robin Schywter.
After church: From left is Robin Schwyter, Doghudje, Mr. Wildman and Poppy Richie.
The following testimony from 32-year-old Nigerian Doghudje Doghudje describes his journey to find his core purpose in life and his discovery of Rev. Sun Myung Moon’s teachings.
I am originally from Lagos, Nigeria and am from a family of six, including my mother, father, three brothers and two sisters. I became interested in the Unification movement and its founder, Rev. Sun Myung Moon, because I was seeking God and the way forward for humanity in the 21st Century. I was also trying to understand myself and my core purpose in life. I did not want to die unfulfilled nor did I want to spend decades of my life climbing the wrong ladder.
During this time, I was searching for answers. I was undergoing a tough time spiritually, having various spiritual experiences and vision quests.
When I discovered Rev. Moon and his teachings, I began an earnest study of the Divine Principle online. I studied online for several years (2001 till date). During my spiritual search, I mainly used the Unification-affiliated website at which the teachings and messages from the 1960s are posted, www.unification.net. In the course of this period, I read the bible extensively, read several scriptures of other world religions and joined several bible-study groups. All these, together with intense prayer and spiritual practices, gradually shed more and more light on the meaning of the Divine Principle until I received the fullest understanding of it – the suffering heart of God – accompanied with inner change.
I joined the church in San Leandro, in the San Francisco Bay Area this year. I didn't join in my home country because the only local church was in another region of the country, North-central, whereas I lived in the South-west.
Since becoming a Unificationist, I see True Father as the greatest inspiration in my life, and I intend to live the vision he had, to take the message of the Principle to the World and to do my own portion to advance the Kingdom.
In recent years, I've studied international business, but I am currently studying for a Master’s of Divinity at the Unification Theological Seminary, and I want to be a pastor, a theologian and an evangelist.
Contributed by Doghudje Doghudje of Nigeria, currently living in New York.


Comments (4)
  • Annerose Adams - Happy to come to know you
    It is a pleasure to read the testimony of your journey and discovery - over time...
    I, too, used to live and work in and around Lagos, from 1981-1999, as one of the missionaries there at that time. 2 years ago, representing my present South- London community, I had the privilege to return for the last stop of our Tue Parents'' tour. ( In Abuja) At that time, I was privileged to meet again, after all those years, our precious brothers and sisters form the early days, many of whom now had grown into beautiful families. This was every bit as unforgettable as are the years of life in Nigeria which, until now, feels like my home- country, deeply cherished and missed. If ever you do return to Lagos, whilst the HQ is in Abuja, there ARE senior members and families maintaining and furthermore developing activities and foundation in Lagos, as well as in many other regions of the country. Wishing you all of God's blessing and guidance for a beautiful and happy future!
  • George M. Ogurie
    Bros, your testimony is a huge boost for online evangelism. I am highly encouraged in that direction.
  • bruno klotz - Already an evangelist
    Dear brother,

    The moment you go out to share the breaking news, you ARE an evangelist already. As simple as that.
    Good luck with that and God's big blessing!
  • thomas - impressive testimony
    This is great brother Doghudje. i am very delighted to read about you and your desire to become an evangelist. We need people like you who can go out there preach the word of God in order to save the world. You have my support.
    From your brother Thomas Nzenzo, from DRcongo currently working in Cape Town/South Africa

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

VAZARAM AS FOTOS DE PAOLA OLIVEIRA NUA-Paolla oliveira nua pelada

Lista Negra: Veja o resumo de todos os episódios da primeira temporada

Cheon Il Guk Matching Engagement Ceremony- O REINO DOS CÉUS NA TERRA E NO CÉU